Directions to the Gamow Tower
The Gamow Tower is part of the Duane Physical
Laboratories complex at 2000 Colorado
Avenue, on the eastern side of the main CU campus. It is a complex
with two square 11-story towers, directly across the street from the
stadium. Enter at the base of the Gamow Tower, which overhangs the
sidewalk on Colorado Avenue.
To get to Duane from...
- ...the University Inn (red on map): Walk south on Broadway, up
the hill to University Avenue (the first light). Cross University,
then bear left onto the path that runs diagonally through the trees.
After you cross the bridge over the pond, cross the small road and
continue diagonally past the red brick Old Main building and across
the quad. At the east end of the quad, pass to the right of Norlin Library
and continue east until you reach a street. The Gamow Tower will be
visible straight ahead.
- ...the Boulderado: Just outside the hotel at the corner of Spruce
and Broadway, wait for the bus, route "Hop." The Hop will take
about 10-15 minutes, and drop you on Colorado outside Duane. Fare $2.25. It's
also possible to walk; it takes 20-30 minutes. Walk south on
Broadway, until you pass Arapahoe Avenue and the University Inn. Then
follow directions above.
- ...the Millennium Harvest House (blue on map): Exit out the back of the hotel, and turn right onto the Boulder Creek Path westbound. At the first overpass, turn south (uphill) onto Folsom St. Walk up the hill, then turn right onto Colorado Avenue where Folsom ends. Continue west (toward the mountains) until you reach the Gamow Tower, immediately across the street from the football stadium.
- ...the Quality Inn (green on map): Walk left on Arapahoe one block, then turn left (south) on 19th St. The street will turn into a path that crosses Boulder Creek and continues as a staircase up the hill. At the top, walk around the right side of the Rec Center (you'll see exercise machines through the window) and then turn left. Pass to the right of Carlson Gym. When you reach the stadium plaza, turn right and the Gamow Tower will be directly ahead.
- ...the Best Western Boulder Inn (purple on map): Walk north on the 28th St Frontage Road to College Avenue. You will see multiple pedestrian underpasses under the highway on your left. Take the second one (opposite College Ave), and follow the path as it curves right toward Colorado Avenue. Continue west on Colorado Avenue until you reach the stadium; the Gamow Tower is on the left across from the stadium.
If you wish to drive to campus, parking is available in the Euclid
Auto Park garage. It may cost up to about $25 for a full day. From
southbound Broadway, turn left at Euclid and the garage will be on
your left 1/2 block down. Duane is one block north and one block east
of the garage.